Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Eureka-Coca Cola Makes EVERYTHING better!

So, I was going to try to play it cool and not post blogs so close to each other. I was "supposed to be chill" and "give some time between each post." (That's the advice I got from several people.) But I was too excited to hold onto this one. I feel like it's a disservice to wait!!

Ok, here goes: everyone that knows me knows that I'm not the biggest fan of Chocolate Cake. I like it. I don't love it. I like some Chocolate Cake recipes more than others. I'm kind of a Chocolate Cake Snob. But, I LOVE THIS Chocolate Cake!! LOVE!! What did it take?

THIS:


I stumbled upon this blog last week. It was a recipe for Chocolate Coke Cake. I had never heard of it before but I had a total NEED to try it out. Coincidentally, I had a potluck to attend that same week. I had already planned to bring an appetizer, but then I thought, what better excuse to test this cake out? Omigosh!! Thank goodness I gave in to my need. Yummmm...

Here are the ingredients:


That's all. You probably have all of these in your home. (I was too anxious to make the cake that I forgot the blog protocol of taking photos as you go along. Oopsies.) Anyway, here's the recipe. 
I loved that it was rich, and sweet, and brownie-ish and cake-like all at the same time.  Anyway, I hope that you make time to try this recipe out. This recipe proves my theory correct: Coca Cola makes everything so much better!!



2 comments:

  1. But... but... Coke is so BAD for you! It's not like chocolate cake is health food or anything, but between the high fructose corn syrup and the extreme acidity, Coke does awful things to a body. Still, you are right in that chocolate cake is hard to get right. Most of the ones I've had are just too darn dry. That's why I prefer chocolate mousse! Mmmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree, Zoe. Definitely not planning on Coke-feasting everyday, but once in awhile, it's a fun treat. :)

    ReplyDelete