Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Zach's First Birthday Carnival Part II-Dessert Table

Contiuing on with Zach's party, I really wanted to be able to say that I made everything on the Dessert Table. Crazy, I know. Here's what it looked like:

 
I created my own decorated paper on Photoshop and then added the letters for the Birthday Penant, to make sure that all the colors of the party matched. I'm so Type A like that.
It's totally one of my worst faults...

This was my first experience working with fondant. Let's just say there was a DEFINITE front and back side to this cake. I orderd the Carousel from Wilton's here.
These cake pops were from the Bakerella Cake Pop Book.
Candied apples are a pain in the behind to make. Note to self: do not try to make when in a hurry...
 
I made Chocolate and White Chocolate Cupcakes. We are a house divided when it comes to that. My daughter and I aren't fans of chocolate cake. The husband and the boys, well, they are  different story...

I made these to add to the decoration on the Dessert Table and nobody drank any. Oopsies...

So, there she is. The Carnival Dessert Table. I was happy with the overall product. I think I would have added something fun on the wall, but I had way too much going on that week. Oh well.
 Something to remember for the next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment