Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Zach's First Birthday Carnival Part I

So, my youngest son turned one in August. He is our 8/9/10 baby. Last year, we purchased a house with a much larger backyard and really want to take advantage of the space.  So, an idea was born.

Actually, the idea was started from this:

I ordered it from here. 

Visions of cotton candy, peanuts, cracker jacks, hot dogs and carousels danced in my head for months!   We were blessed to have so many friends and family members come and share the afternoon with us.

 Here are a few images from Zach's party:

 This was posted at the front door to welcome guests.

 I made these Treat Bags and them filled with cotton candy, candy apples lollipops,
gummy hot dogs, bubbles and more!

As for decoration, I made the bunting out of inexpensive felt and cotton string.
On one of the windows, I created a Wall of Zach's First Year in photos.

We had sooooo much food, it was crazy! When I think Carnival, I think hot dogs and nachos, so I had to make sure that we had a Hot Dog/ Hamburger/Nacho Bar. We had all the fixings, including nacho cheese, jalapenos, chili, red onions, tomatoes, lettuce, ketchup, mustard, mayo, and a special sign that had
 "Zach's Suggested Recipes."

At the drink station, we made sure to have plenty of Sharpie markers attached to a table frame, so that as people served their drinks, they can write their names on their cups. We were trying to be kind to the enviroment and to not have so much waste.

Then in the backyard...




We orderd a Carousel Bounce House and had a few Carnival Themed Games...

No comments:

Post a Comment